P25 Field Technician
Cassidian Communications | Richardson TX 75080 USA | Full Time | Posted: 08/06/2013
Cassidian Communications, an EADS North America Company
A pioneer and trusted leader in mission critical communications, Cassidian Communications, Inc, an EADS North America company, provides key technologies for public safety, Federal/DoD and corporate markets globally. Our full-circle security and communications portfolio includes IP-enabled call center applications for CAD, mapping and information management, as well as notification solutions and services, and Land Mobile Radio networks. These Cassidian Communications offerings and others are resident in 14 of the 20 most populous US cities, 250+ military operations and internationally in 15 countries.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for the installation, integration, testing and maintenance of Cassidian Communication LMR P25 public safety radio systems throughout the United States and Canada. To be successful, a candidate must have extensive LMR radio system experience in the areas of installation, implementation, testing and troubleshooting of digital simulcast systems and have the ability and knowledge to perform advanced troubleshooting and RF testing. The position is primarily a field position involving consistent and regular travel throughout the United States and Canada. The candidate’s work environment will regularly include outdoor and remote radio sites. The candidate should be “tower certified” and be able to climb communication towers to support required troubleshooting, inspections and system maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsbilities
- Responsible for the final installatin, integration and testing of LMR P25 and conventional simulcast systems.
- Support and perform microwave path alignments, equipment configuration and troubleshooting of transmission path problems.
- Responsible for the performance of advanced RF testing.
- Assist and perform in-market coverage testing and system optimization.
- Responsible for the maintenance and field repair of base stations, transmitters and other field repairable system equipment and components.
- Responsible for the troubleshooting and configuration of Cisco switches and routers.
- Directly responsible for the performance of system upgrade, equipment tuning and alingments.
- Directly responsible for the performance of field investigations to support engineering analysis.
- Perform factory maintenance on systems as assigned.
- Create technical field and maintenance reports, as required.
- Complete testing and system performance documentation.
- Support and perform on-site commissioning, site acceptance and system testing.
- Assist with programming and configuration of radio subscribers.
Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Electrical Engineering and 4+ years related experience and/or a minimum of 7 years relevant experience in a similar position integrating and maintaining telecommunications systems with advanced skills and extensive field experience.
- Knowledge of Public Safety communication products, solutions and systems; LMR, P25 and conventional radio systems.
- Technical knowledge and experience with radio console systems and subscriber units
- Experience with protocols, standards and technologies such as SIP, RTP,TCP/IP, and UDP for control and transport of network voice and data; SNMP for alarm reporting and system monitoring and networking technologies such as LAN/WAN and VPN.
- Experience in P25 Phase I and Phase II standards.
- Extensive RF testing and troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive experience with RF test equipment (IFRs, LMR Master, NVA).
- Experienced with Microwave transport.
- Experienced with Cisco Networking and Routing, is preferred but will train.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office and PC based applications.
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal.
- Highly analytical and detail orientated.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, make critical decisions and troubleshoot issues.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work productively with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work the required hours of the position including nights, weekends and holidays (when required).
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Exhibit normal depth perception and color perception.
- Occasionally lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to climb and safely work at heights of 500 ft. or greater.
Qualified candidates must apply directly to our web site at http://www.cassidiancommunications.com/about-us/careers/.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of an alcohol, drug, and controlled substance screening; a criminal and civil background investigation that is devoid of any felonies or misdemeanors; and favorable reference checks; as well as be authorized to work in the US.
Cassidian Communications, an EADS North America Company, is a great place to work and offers its employees a robust portfolio of benefits and is market competitive in its wage and salary practices. Cassidian Communications is ISO-9000 certified and is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
|Location||Richardson, TX, 75080, United States|
|Categories||Information Technology, Engineering, Installation/Maintenance/Repair, Telecommunications|
|Contact Name||Shannon LeBaron|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|