Manager, Procurement - Materials
KBR - Kellogg Brown & Root, LLC | - Chennai IND | Posted: 03/07/2014
KBR COMPANY INFORMATION
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction and services company, we support the energy, petrochemicals, government services and civil infrastructure sectors on six continents. Serving our customers through six diverse business segments Government & Infrastructure, Services, Upstream, Technology, Downstream and Ventures - we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects. Our clients value us because they know We Deliver.
With more than 50,000 employees around the world, we deliver top-quality service and performance in engineering, construction, operations and maintenance, logistics and project management services to clients who entrust us with their most vital projects.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
KBR is hiring individuals to lead the engineering and procurement efforts for our new office to be located in Chennai, India. Successful candidates will initially train in KBR s Houston or London office for a period of three to six months after which they will return to the Chennai office and provide hands on leadership for the work that will be performed from that office.
Candidates should have demonstrated capabilities in managing personnel, the hiring of staff and a good understanding of financial budgets. As the Chennai office grows in workload, candidates will be considered for promotion to the position of Department Manager for their respective group based on their initial performance. Prior experience with an engineering contractor is required.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage and support project procurement personnel - purchasing, expediting, inspection, logistics, and materials - and their associated activities to execute the work in a manner that achieves the objectives of the Project Execution Strategy.
- Complies with Company policies and objectives and Procurement work processes, with special attention to Client Satisfaction.
- Research and recommend qualified vendors and fabricators by evaluating safety performance, financial status, capacities, capabilities, quality, management performance, and delivery trends.
- Develops and manages both the Project Procurement workhour budget and equipment/material budget. Prepares and maintains the Project Suppliers List.
- Ensures procurement documents and data are maintained in accordance with the Project records retention and Client handover requirements.
- During the proposal and project phases, prepares a risk memo as required.
- Ensures and supports the deployment and utilization of procurement systems.
- Conducts Project Procurement Review meetings to review status and provide guidance to procurement functions.
- Be current and provide information on industry procurement practices; such as strategic procurement, competitive bid law, contract law, proposal solicitation, negotiation strategies, treatment of exceptions, ensuring best value, procurement documentation, logistics, performance management, ethical conduct, and seek and implement process improvements.
- Conducts the required assessment and review of the procurement internal controls environment.
- Participates in Project Team Status meetings, as required.
- Provides procurement cost savings, commitment and other status reports to Project and Department management, as required.
- Ensures Supplier Performance Evaluations (SPE s) are submitted.
- Provides input to the Project close-out plan.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- University degree
- Relevant experience which should include managing a procurement team.
- Strong oral & written communication skills.
- Superior analytical, research and problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Self motivated, self directed, capable of working independently with ability to make decisions.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet, word processing, powerpoint, and database applications.
- Must have a proven record of managing a fast-paced procurement organization.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, can handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment to meet firm deadlines.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally via airplane.
KBR offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive range of lifestyle benefits, including a flexible work schedule. We are also committed to the development of our employees and actively support career progression through our training and appraisal programs.
|How to apply||Employer provided a link where your application will be accepted. Click on the link below and follow instructions.|
|Apply||Click Here (apply to job)|